Blogs I Follow
- Early-Grades Science: The First Key STEM Opportunity - Education WeekEarly exposure is crucial, but finding teachers with strong preparation remains challenging.
- Special Report: STEM Education - Education WeekK-12 schooling in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics offers the potential for innovative ways to inspire students—as well as obstacles that can prevent them from sustained success in those fields.
- Quality Is Crucial to Sustaining Benefits of Pre-K, Studies Stress - Education WeekNew research shows that early-childhood programs can't be seen as a one-shot inoculation that will sustain children throughout their academic careers.
- What to Do About a Generation of 'Lost Einsteins' - Education WeekCreativity is too often the domain of the elite. Schools can help, write composer Anthony Brandt and neuroscientist David Eagleman.
- Spotlight on Early-Childhood Education - Education WeekRural schools are tackling unique challenges to provide a quality education to their students. In this Spotlight, see how schools are expanding access to hard-to-staff courses, building up talented teacher workforces, and developing place-based lessons to reach promising students.
- Spotlight on Elementary Math - Education WeekSchools are finding ways to boost children's math skills by focusing on teachers and students in the early grades. In this Spotlight, learn how digital games are improving young students' math performance, how students' brain development affects their ability to comprehend math, and how math class can be fun and meaningful for kids.
- Early-Grades Science: The First Key STEM Opportunity - Education Week
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets