Blogs I Follow
- Students Get 'Too Little' Civics Teaching, Principals Say - Education WeekAt a time of sharp political divisions, civics teaches students how to engage in civil discourse, according to school leaders interviewed for the Education Week Research Center poll. More than half said their students don’t get enough of it.
- School Closures - Education WeekThe largest school closure to date hurt learning among affected students, finds a new report by the University of Chicago Consortium on School Research.
- A Third of Students Need Eye Exams, Study Finds - Education WeekNearsightedness is on the rise among schoolchildren, but many students have not had the vision screening needed to detect the problem.
- Early-Grades Science: The First Key STEM Opportunity - Education WeekEarly exposure is crucial, but finding teachers with strong preparation remains challenging.
- Special Report: STEM Education - Education WeekK-12 schooling in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics offers the potential for innovative ways to inspire students—as well as obstacles that can prevent them from sustained success in those fields.
- Quality Is Crucial to Sustaining Benefits of Pre-K, Studies Stress - Education WeekNew research shows that early-childhood programs can't be seen as a one-shot inoculation that will sustain children throughout their academic careers.
- Students Get 'Too Little' Civics Teaching, Principals Say - Education Week
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets